Stink Bugs are one of South Jersey’s top nuisance pests.
Relatively harmless to humans except for the odor they emit, they attack fruits and vegetables. In summer they live in your garden and in early fall they will be seeking refuge from the coming winter temperatures.
In the pest control world this is called “over-wintering.”
Stink Bugs are attracted to light and heat – your home provides both.
Stink Bugs will find their way into your home through cracks and crevices in your home’s exterior during the late September, early October time frame when the weather in South Jersey starts to cool.
Here’s what you can do to protect your home from a Stink Bug invasion:
1. Using a good quality silicone or latex-caulk:
- Seal cracks around windows, doors, siding and utility pipes
- Seal all exterior foundation cracks
- Seal cracks around chimneys
- Seal underneath wood fascia and other openings
2. Damaged screens on doors or windows should be repaired or replaced
3. Screen vents and openings to chimneys or cover them up for the winter
4. Eliminate weeds around foundation
5. Trim bushes and trees away from house
6. Remove air conditioners from the windows when it starts to get cool outside
7. Minimize outdoor lighting at night time
If you need help reducing your Stink Bug invasion, give us a call!
AB-Con Termite and Pest Control
Serving South Jersey for over 40 years
Camden County, Burlington County and Gloucester County
South Jersey Cities Served: Atco, Audobon, Audobon Park, Barrington, Bellmawr, Berlin, Beverly, Blackwood, Brooklawn, Browns Mills, Burlington, Burlington City, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clayton, Clementon, Cinnaminson, Collingswood, Columbus, Delanco, Delran, Deptford, Edgewater Park, Eastampton, Evesham, Florence, Franklinville, Gibbsboro, Glassboro, Glendora, Gloucester City, Gloucester Township, Haddonfield, Haddon Heights, Haddon Township, Hainesport, Hammonton, Hi Nella, Laurel Springs, Lawnside, Lindenwold,Lumberton, Magnolia, Mansfield, Mantua, Maple Shade, Marlton, Medford, Medford Lakes, Merchantville, Moorestown, Mt. Ephraim, Mt. Holly, Mt. Laurel, Mt. Royal, Mullica Hill, Oaklyn, Palmyra, Paulsboro, Pemberton, Pennsauken, Pine Hill, Pitman, Riverside, Riverton, Roebling, Runnemede, Sewell, Sicklerville, Somerdale, Southampton, Springfield, Stratford, Swedesboro, Tavistock, Thorofare, Trenton, Turnersville, Vincentown, Voorhees, Washington Township, Waterford Works, Wenonah, Westampton, West Berlin, West Deptford, Westville, Williamstown, Willingboro, Winslow, Woodlynne, Woodbury, Woodbury Heights, Wrightstown