AB-Con Termite and Pest Control
Serving South Jersey - Camden County, Burlington County, Gloucester County
Bed Bug Preparation Guide
- Strip all Bedding: Sheets, Covers, Pillowcases, Shams, Mattress Covers, etc.
- Remove mattress and box spring from bed frame and put in middle of room with box spring turned upside down.
- Infested mattresses and box springs must be THROWN OUT.
- Remove headboard and mirrors from wall or dressers.
- Remove drawers from dressers nightstands and entertainment centers in infested room.
- Expose all walls to allow for inspection and treatment.
- Empty closets and dresser drawers.
- Remove and inspect all belongings from furniture, tables, wardrobes and closets. If free of bed bugs, store in tight fitting containers or bags until treatment is completed.
- Wash and place in the dryer, (do not hang dry), all bedding (sheets, pillowcases, blankets, comforters, covers, mattress covers, shams), all clothing from closets, dressers, floors.
- Heat treat pillows with clothes drier.
- Laundered and heat treated items should be placed in sealed bags.
- (If taking clothes to the Laundromat transport in sealed bags to prevent spreading of bed bugs, discard bags once clothes are washed. When dry, immediately place clothes in a new, sealed bag. Do not place clothes on the folding tables because they may be infested with bed bugs. Keep in sealed bags until chemical treatment has been completed.)
- All items that cannot be laundered – place in sealed bags to be inspected later
- Wipe down all surfaces with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Remove light switch and receptacle covers.
- All wall hangings must be removed from walls and placed leaning against the wall.
- All window treatments (drapes, blinds, etc.) should be laundered or cleaned as appropriate.
- DO NOT TRANSFER ANY ITEMS FROM INFESTED ROOM TO AN UNTREATED AREA
- Vacuum infested rooms thoroughly focusing on carpet edges and seams, and other cracks and crevices. Dispose of vacuum bag in a sealed plastic bag, remove immediately from the home and discard curbside. Place mothballs in the new vacuum bag.
- Move furniture 2 feet away from walls. Dismantle bed frames and other furniture if possible.
- If heavily infested, fabric furniture may also need to be discarded.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Disconnect aquariums; seal the air pump, and the top of the aquarium with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Remove all animals and people for approximately 6 hours. Children under 12 months old, cats and exotic animals should stay out of the home for a period of 24 hours.
- We will not move any items or put them back.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
- Wash and caulk cracks/crevices in walls, ceiling and floors.
- Paint walls and ceilings where paint is peeling or chipped.
- Remove peeling wall paper.
- Do not allow clutter to accumulate.
PREPARATION IS ESSENTIAL AND IT MUST BE DONE BY THE SERVICE DAY OR WE WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE. A CHARGE OF 5% OF COST OF TREATMENT WILL BE ASSESSED IF THE CLIENT IS NOT READY.
I have read and reviewed these requirements and agree to perform, in total, the items on the list.
Customer Signature _________________________Date________
Print Name ________________________________
If you have Further Questions please contact us at
(856)662-6195 or (609)267-0560 Or