You are not alone. Although people may think roaches like dirty places, even the cleanest homes can have them.
Roaches are one of the most common household pests.
Once they move into your home, they multiply quickly. That makes them even harder to control.
Your home can be invaded by one or more species of roaches – which in turn requires patience, effort on your part as a homeowner and professional assistance from a certified pest control operator.
Some Interesting Cockroach Facts:
- Cockroaches are thought to have originated during the Carboniferous Period, which ended more than 290 million years ago – they are some of the most primitive winged insects.
- There are more than 4000 species worldwide.
- All American pest cockroaches are immigrants from other parts of the world.
- Young cockroaches can travel through, and hide in, cracks and crevices as thin as a dime.
- Roaches can live a month without food – only one week without water.
- A cockroach can live a week without a head. When a headless cockroach dies, it’s because its lack of a mouth makes it impossible to consume water.
- As cockroaches grow, they shed their external skeletons several times a year.
- If you see a white cockroach, it’s not an albino. Chances are, it very recently shed its skin. After 8 hours it will return to its regular shell coloring.
- They bleed white blood.
- Their kidneys look like a bunch of writhing snakes.
- The world’s largest roach species resides in South America and is 6 inches long with a 1-foot wingspan
- Cockroach mouths work sideways.
- Cockroaches have faster reflexes than humans.
Get the peace of mind you deserve – if you suspect that roaches have infested your home, give us a call!